SKI AREA DEVELOPMENT
The ski area is reinventing itself for the pleasure of all
The ski area is investing to improve its skiing products.
All skiers starting in Plagne Centre, coming down from Plagne Aime 2000 or arriving from Plagne Montalbert will appreciate direct, comfortable and rapid transport from the snow front all the way to the top of the Verdons on this new 6-seater declutchable chairlift.
This new facility will bring plenty of benefits :
• an additional departure point from Plagne Centre, offering an alternative to the Becoin chairlift,, Funiplagne, Grande Rochette and the Bergerie chairlift,
• a quick and easy link to the Champagny-en-Vanoise sector on the southern slopes, which provides access to Roche de Mio,
• a great ski sector : the Verdons sector can be reached quickly and easily. It has excellent blue (Verdons, Pollux, Marie-Chantal), red (Banzaï) and black (Frisbee) pistes. All you need to enjoy yourself whatever your ability and to be repeated over and over again.
Look ahead and watch the video of the project
6-seater declutchable chairlift
Time of ascent : 5.30min
Altitude at the bottom : 1990m
Altitude at the top : 2479m
Height differential : 489
The Glaciers telecabin is the first stage of an ambitious development project between Plagne Bellecôte and the Glacier to be completed by 2025. Our intention : to improve access to the skiing at an altitude of 3000 metres !
• FIRST STAGE : building the 10-seater Glaciers telecabin.
Starting from Roche de Mio, the new telecabin will follow a different line from its predecessor. It will go via the Col de la Chiaupe (middle station) and carry on climbing all the way up to an altitude of 3000 metres offering a panoramic view over the Vanoise glaciers. The project will be completed by improvements and facilities which will blend into the surroundings and enable visitors to enjoy an experience at an altitude of 3000 metres in both winter and summer.
Work began this summer, 2021, and will continue in summer 2022 with a view to opening in December 2023.
See pictures of the project :
New line of the Glaciers Telecabin
Bottom station at Roche de Mio (2700 m)
Middle station col de la Chiaupe (2600m)
Top station (3000m)
• SECOND STAGE : Plans for a new telecabin for Roche de Mio are currently being examined with a view to opening in December 2024 (winter 2024/2025)
All the sections