CONDITIONS OF USE OF TICKETS FOR TRAVEL AND TICKETS FOR ENTRY TO ACTIVITIES
These conditions of use (hereinafter the «Conditions of Use») regulate the relationship between the Société d’Aménagement de la station de la Plagne (the resort of la Plagne development company) (hereinafter «SAP»), operating the ski lifts in the la Plagne ski area and any person (hereinafter the «User») who:
- Uses a ticket for travel (hereinafter a «Ticket for Travel») granting entry to one or more ski lifts operated by SAP or
- Takes part in an activity (hereinafter an «Activity») marketed by SAP.
By using a Ticket for Travel or taking part in an Activity, the User accepts without reservation the Conditions of Use.
ARTICLE 1. INFORMATION RELATING TO SAP
SAP is a limited company under French law with a share capital of 2,157,776.00 €, registered in the business and company register in Chambéry under number 076 220 011 and whose intra-community VAT number is: FR 05 076 220 011.
Its contact details are as follows:
- Head Office address: Plagne centre, 54 impasse de la Cembraie, Mâcot-la-Plagne, 73210 La Plagne Tarentaise, France ;
- Tel.: +33 (0)4 79 09 67 00 ;
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAP is insured by Allianz IARD (1 cours Michelet, CS 30051, 92076 Paris La Défense Cedex, France).
It is registered as an intermediary insurance agent under Orias number 18005294.
ARTICLE 2. ACCES TO THE SKI LIFTS
Tickets for Travel grant access to the ski lifts operated by SAP and, in the case of some of them, to the ski lifts in the les Arcs ski area operated by ADS.
Some ski lifts, however, may be closed with or without notice notably for reasons of weather, snow conditions, health or energy saving. SAP does not guarantee that all the ski lifts which it operates will open every day.
Restrictions of access, related for example to the age or physical condition of the User, or to the equipment used by the User, may be imposed on certain lifts. These restrictions may be viewed in SAP’s sales points and on the web site https://www.skipass-laplagne.com (hereinafter the «Web Site»). It is up to the User to ensure that a restriction of access does not apply to them. Any User affected by a restriction of access will be refused entry to the lift in question without the User or the person who purchased the Ticket for Travel being entitled to any compensation.
Tickets for Travel do not grant users any priority access to any lifts.
To facilitate the passing of data when the User passes through the lift station turnstiles, the Ticket for Travel must be carried on the left-hand side, preferably far from any mobile telephone, keys or aluminium objects.
ARTICLE 3. PARTICIPATION IN ACTIVITIES
The «Mountain Cart» activity is only open to Users who are at least 1.30 metre tall. Users aged under 12 must be accompanied by an adult (which involves the purchase of a second ticket for entry to the Activity). A helmet lent by SAP must be worn.
Participation in an Activity may require proof of identity to be lodged with SAP. The proof of identity will be returned on return of the equipment provided to take part in the Activity.
ARTICLE 4. COMPLIANCE WITH THE RULES
Users must comply with rules and regulations displayed in the bottom stations of the ski lifts operated by SAP, as well as instructions given to them by any member of SAP’s staff while they are using the lifts. They are also advised to comply with the «ten rules of good conduct for piste users» drawn up by the Fédération Internationale du Ski.
Users must comply with health regulations issued by the authorities or by SAP in application of a decision by the authorities. The applicable health protocol is displayed in SAP’s sales points and on the Web Site.
Users must refrain from any behaviour detrimental or likely to be detrimental to the safety, health and peace of other users, SAP staff and SAP sub-contractors (inebriation, verbal or physical violence, consumption of alcohol or drugs, carrying weapons, shouting, use of excessively noisy appliances, jostling, queue jumping, etc.) in the departure and arrival areas of lifts operated by SAP, as well as on the lifts themselves. Users must refrain from damaging equipment operated by SAP.
In the event of non-compliance, SAP reserves the option of refusing any non-compliant User access to the lifts which they operate, reporting them to a police officer with authority and taking legal action against the User.
ARTICLE 5. TICKET INSPECTIONS
The User must be able to show to SAP staff or any accredited inspector in the departure and arrival zones of the lifts operated by SAP, as well as on the lifts themselves or when they are taking part in an Activity:
- An original Ticket for Travel, currently valid and granting them access to the lift being used, in their name in the case of a nominative ticket,
- The proof of purchase of a Ticket for Travel or ticket for entry to the Activity in which they are taking part,/or
- Where applicable, the original document(s) proving the User’s entitlement to a reduced price or free Ticket for Travel or Activity.
Should the information printed on the card on which the Ticket for Travel is loaded differ from the recorded information, the latter will prevail.
If the User is unable to show the documents listed above, they will not be able to access the lift or Activity and will have to pay the price of the necessary Ticket for Travel to access the lift and/or the price of the Activity.
In the case of an inspection by an accredited inspector, the User must additionally pay a fixed penalty the amount of which may reach five times the value of the daily pass corresponding to the lift which may be accessed by means of the fraudulently used Ticket for Travel. The amount of this penalty will be rounded up to the nearest Euro.
If the User is unable or does not wish to settle the amount of the fixed penalty immediately, the accredited inspector will issue a penalty notice. They will then be authorised to record the identity and address of the User. Should the latter be unable to prove their identity, the accredited inspector will immediately notify a police officer with authority who will order them to present the User to them immediately. This procedure will be terminated immediately if the User settles all the sums due in respect of this transaction. The User has a period of three months from the issue of the penalty notice to settle the amount of the transaction, including any sum corresponding to the price of the Ticket for Travel, the fixed penalty and administrative costs. The User may also within the same time period submit an objection to SAP. If payment is not made within the afore-mentioned period and in the absence of any objection, SAP will refer the matter to the authorities and the User will be liable for an increased fixed fine payable to the Public Treasury.
The Ticket for Travel belonging to a third party used by the User may be withdrawn from the User so that it may be returned to its rightful owner
ARTICLE 6. NONTRANSFERABILITY OF TICKETS FOR TRAVEL
Tickets for Travel are personal and may not be transferred, either at a cost or free, to any third party. Any Ticket for Travel which has been transferred will be considered invalid.
By way of exception, Tickets for Travel valid for the shortest period offered by SAP may be used by several Users.
ARTICLE 7. LOSS OR THEFT OF A TICKET FOR TRAVEL OR TICKET FOR ENTRY TO AN ACTIVITY
In the event of the loss or theft of the card on which their Ticket for Travel or ticket for entry to an Activity is loaded, subject to the Ticket for Travel or ticket for entry to an Activity having been purchased from SAP, the User must declare the loss or theft in an SAP sales point. If the Ticket for Travel or ticket for entry to an Activity has been purchased from ADS or from any other third party, the User must declare the loss or theft of the Ticket for Travel or ticket for entry to an Activity to that third party.
The lost or stolen card will immediately be blocked. The card may no longer be used even if it is found.
To obtain a replacement card, the User must:
- Present in an SAP sales point the proof of purchase of the Ticket for Travel or ticket for entry to an Activity or, if the Ticket for Travel of ticket for entry to an Activity was purchased from a retailer, the WTP number on the card bearing the Ticket for Travel or ticket for entry to an Activity,
- Pay the fee for a replacement the amount of which is displayed in the sales point.
The amount paid will not be refunded if the card is found.
A new Ticket for Travel or a new ticket for entry to an Activity is recorded on a new card.
ARTICLE 8. DEFECTS IN A TICKET FOR TRAVEL OR A TICKET FOR ENTRY TO AN ACTIVITY
The cards on which a Ticket for Travel or a ticket for entry to an Activity are recorded must not be bent, perforated, broken or placed near a heat source.
Should a card or entry ticket malfunction, the User may return this card or entry ticket to one of SAP’s sales points to obtain a replacement. The User must also show the proof of purchase for the Ticket for Travel or entry ticket. The replacement card or entry ticket is free. However, if the malfunction is attributable to the User, they will be invoiced for the replacement card or entry ticket at the price displayed in SAP’s sales points.
If the card was supplied by ADS, the User must refer to the latter to obtain a replacement.
ARTICLE 9. PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEOS TAKEN IN THE SKI AREA
In winter, Users are photographed automatically going up the Colosses and Bécoin chairlifts, as well as during the Colorado luge Activity. They are also filmed on the timed slalom on the Golf piste. They can download their photographs and videos on the «Paradiski Yuge» application having scanned their Ticket for Travel on the dedicated terminal at the top of the Colosses and Bécoin chairlifts, at the bottom of the luge run and at the bottom of the Golf piste.
In summer, Users are photographed automatically going up the Colosses chairlift and going down the red Colorado piste. They can download their photographs and videos on the «Paradiski Yuge» application having scanned their Ticket for Travel on the dedicated terminal at the top of the Colosses chairlift and at the bottom of the Colorado piste.
ARTICLE 10. PERSONAL DATA
10.1. Purpose and basis of processing personal data
Personal data collected when a User uses their Ticket for Travel or takes part in an Activity are processed in order to:
- Monitor the User’s use of the lifts operated by SAP and their participation in an Activity, where applicable to issue a penalty notice, to obtain payment of a fixed penalty due as a result of the offence and to determine if the offence is habitual as proscribed by article L. 2242-6 of the transport code. This processing is based on SAP’s legitimate interest in combatting fraud,
- Assist those coming to the User’s aid in the event of an accident, to ensure the administrative processing of the accident and to manage any dispute. This processing is based on SAP’s legitimate interest,
- Provide the User with the photograph taken in the ski area. This processing is based on the User’s consent,
- Send the User information letters, marketing offers and invitations to take part in games, competitions and customer satisfaction surveys. This processing is based on the User’s consent,
- Respond to requests for information, comments and complaints from the User. This processing is based on the User’s consent.
10.2. Responsibility for processing
The afore-mentioned processing is carried out under the responsibility of SAP, represented by its managing director and whose contact details are shown in article 1.
10.3. Destination of personal data
The data collected are destined:
- For SAP ;
- For ADS when the User uses their Ticket for Travel to access lifts operated by them
- For the legal authorities in the event of fraud on the part of the User,
- For the health services, the public authority responsible for invoicing and receiving the cost of rescues, the police in the event of an investigation and for the insurers of SAP and the User,
- For the service providers whose intervention is necessary to carry out the afore-mentioned processing.
These data may be transferred to a country which is not a member of the European Union. The Client may obtain information about this transfer and the guarantees applicable to it from SAP.
10.4. Periods of retention of personal data
The data collected are retained for the following periods:
- Data used to monitor the User’s use of the lifts operated by SAP and their participation in an Activity, where applicable to issue a penalty notice, to obtain payment of a fixed penalty and to determine if the offence is habitual,
o In the absence of fraud, for the period of validity of the Ticket for Travel of Activity,
o In the event of fraud:
In the case of payment of a fixed penalty, until the penalty has been settled in full,
If the penalty is not paid, for twelve months following the issue of the fixed penalty notice or until the date on which the User’s conviction becomes definitive if this date is later.
The times and places where the User uses the lifts are retained for forty-eight hours following collection to combat fraud. The dates are retained until no later than six months after the end of the opening season of the lifts, these data being necessary to respond to requests for information and complaints.
- Data used to assist those coming to the User’s aid in the event of an accident to ensure the administrative processing of the accident and to manage any dispute, for the time necessary for the processing of any dispute.
- Data used to provide the User with a photograph taken or a video shot in the ski area:
o For photographs, until the end of the day during which the photograph was taken. If the User scans their Ticket for Travel, the photograph is retained for an additional period of four weeks,
o For videos, until the expiry of the User’s Ticket for Travel.
- Data used to send the User information letters, marketing offers and invitations to take part in games, competitions and customer satisfaction surveys, for three years following the collection of the data, this period being renewed at every significant interaction between the User and SAP (order, request for information etc.).
- Data used to respond to requests for information, comments and complaints from the User, for the time necessary to process the requests, comments and complaints.
10.5. User’s rights
The User may access data concerning them, have them corrected or deleted, transfer them or have them transferred to a third party, obtain the restriction of their processing or object to the processing. They may also withdraw their consent to the processing of their data, the withdrawal of consent not affecting, however, the legality of the processing carried out before withdrawal of consent. To exercise these rights, they must submit a request to SAP’s data protection delegate at the address shown in article 11.
SAP will comply with this request subject to compliance with the obligations imposed on it. To protect personal data, SAP reserves the option to seek proof of the User’s identity before responding to this request.
Lastly, the User may submit a complaint to the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (National Data Protection and Freedom of Information Commission) (CNIL) if they consider their rights have not been respected. The contact details of the CNIL are as follows: CNIL, 3 place de Fontenoy, TSA 80715, 75334 Paris Cedex 07, France – Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 73 22 22 – Fax : +33 (0)1 53 73 22 00 – Web Site: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes.
ARTICLE 11. REQUESTS AND COMPLAINTS
The User may submit any request or complaint concerning the processing of their personal data:
- Either by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com ;
- Or by post to the following address: SAP, Protection des données personnelles, Plagne centre, 54 impasse de la Cembraie, Mâcot-la-Plagne, 73210 La Plagne Tarentaise, France.
The User may submit any other request or complaint within the two months following the event giving rise to the complaint:
- Either via the web site https://www.ticketoski.fr/fr/la-plagne,
- Or by post to the following address: SAP, Service clientèle, Plagne centre, 54 impasse de la Cembraie, Mâcot-la-Plagne, 73210 La Plagne Tarentaise, France.
ARTICLE 12. SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES
In the event of a dispute between the Client and SAP relating to the validity, interpretation or execution of the Conditions of Use, the Client may have recourse, free of charge, to a conventional mediation process or any alternative means of settlement of disputes.
They may have recourse to a mediation procedure with the Médiateur du Tourisme et du Voyage (Tourist and Travel Mediator) (MTV Médiation Tourisme Voyage, BP 80 303, 75 823 Paris Cedex 17, France – Tel. : +33 (0)1 42 67 96 68 – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) according to the terms outlined on the web site https://www.mtv.travel and within a maximum of one year from the written complaint being submitted to SAP.
They may aIso have recourse to the on-line platform for the settlement of disputes set up by the European Commission, accessible on the web site https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/.
If an amicable settlement is not reached, the User may submit the case to one of the courts the location of which gives them authority in accordance with the French code of civil action, or the courts in their place of residence at the time of the conclusion of the contract or where the event giving rise to the complaint took place.
ARTICLE 13. GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS
The quantity of greenhouse gases emitted by the ski lifts during the winter season is:
- 22.07 g CO²e for a Ticket for Travel valid for one day and for the ski lifts in the la Plagne ski area, equivalent to a car journey of 0.16 km.
- 24.03 g CO²e for a Ticket for Travel valid for one day and for the ski lifts in the la Plagne and les Arcs ski area (Paradiski area), equivalent to a car journey of 0.17 km.
- 132.43 g CO²e for a Ticket for Travel valid for six days and for the ski lifts in the la Plagne ski area, equivalent to a car journey of 0.96 km.
- 144.20 g CO²e for a Ticket for Travel valid for six days and for the ski lifts in the la Plagne and les Arcs ski areas (Paradiski area), equivalent to a car journey of 1.02 km.
The quantity of greenhouse gases emitted by the ski lifts during the summer season is 2.66 g CO²e for a Ticket for Travel for one journey, equivalent to a car journey of 0,02 km.
Basis of calculation: diesel car 140g/km, class C, current average.
100 % of the energy used by the ski lifts operated by SAP is renewable 6 g CO²e/kWh).
For any further details, the User may contact : SAP, Service qualité, sécurité et environnement, Plagne centre, 54 impasse de la Cembraie, Mâcot-la-Plagne, 73210 La Plagne Tarentaise, France.
ARTICLE 14. COMING INTO FORCE OF THE CONDITIONS OF USE
The Conditions of Use come into force on 1st June 2023.
ARTICLE 15. AMENDMENT OF THE CONDITIONS OF USE
SAP reserves the option to amend the Conditions of Use at any time.
ARTICLE 16. TRANSLATION OF THE CONDITIONS OF USE
In the event of a contradiction between the Conditions of Use in French and the Conditions of Use in another language, the Conditions of Use in French will prevail.
ARTICLE 17. APPLICABLE LAW
The Conditions of Use are regulated by French law.